Potato waffles are a perfect lunch when you don’t want to spent much time in the kitchen. They are packed with summer flavour and the addition of fresh dill creates a beautiful aroma. We like them with home-made ketchup and avocado hummus. Amazing combo.
What age? 12m+
The recipe contains an egg but I’m sure you could replace it with a vegan substitute.
- • 2 new potatoes
- • 1 ripe tomato
- • 1 egg
- • 2 tbsp fresh dill
- • 2 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil / ghee + some to grease waffle iron
- • 3 heaped tbsp of buckwheat flour
- • Spices: 1 heaped tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt , 1/3 tsp black pepper, a pinch of turmeric
- 1. Turn on your waffle iron.
- 2. Peel potatoes and cut them in small pieces. Cut tomato into quarters. Blend potato chunks, tomato quarters, egg, oil and spices until smooth.
- 3. Gradually add flour and blend. The batter should be thick.
- 4. Grease your waffle iron and drop the batter by ⅓-cupfuls onto a hot waffle iron, and bake for approx 6 minutes.
- Serve hot with avocado hummus and home-made ketchup. So yummy and filling!