These are an easy and fun way to have fish. My son loves dips so I made them small and served with home-made ketchup & baked rosemary chips. We all loved them!
What age? The rissoles are fried and haven’t tried baking them yet so for this reason I’d serve them to a baby 8m+ or even later. BLW is eating from the same table but the longer you commit to cooked/baked meals the better for the baby and your family 🙂
- • 1 cup coarsely ground cod or any other white fish
- • 1 large onion (finely chopped or grated)
- • 1 medium carrot (grated)
- • 1 small clove garlic
- • 1/2 lemon (juice)
- • 3 tablespoons cooked millet / rice
- • 3-4 tablespoons flour (I used buckwheat)
- • 1/3 teaspoon salt and 1/4 black pepper
- • ghee for frying
- 1. Cook millet or rice - you'll need less than half cup. (Half cup millet + 1 cup water).
- 2. Wash a boneless piece of cod, pat dry with paper towel and mince coarsely. You'll need 1 cup of minced fish.
- 3. Grate carrot and finely chop onion (or grate) and saute on ghee for a while with the lid on.
- 4. To the bowl with the minced fish add: beaten egg, lemon juice, spices, cooked (cool) millet/rice stir. Add the flour and stir.
- 5.Take 2 tablespoon of the fish mixture and make small patties. Heat ghee and place patties on the hot pan. After 2-3 minutes flip them over and cover with lid. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with baked potato/veggie fries and home-made ketchup (recipe on the blog).
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. I reheat them on a hot dry pan covered with a lid or in the oven.