Cheap & simple summer dish. I simply use our favourite veggies from the garden 🙂 Addition of chickpeas makes it filling. I always sprout it first so it’s easier on the stomach. You just need to soak it for 12 hours, drain and place in a jar (covered with gauze) and let it sprout for 12 hours. Then wash, drain and store in the fridge (don’t serve it raw to kids! It needs to be cooked for at least 15 minutes).
What age? It’s mild but I wouldn’t serve it as a first meal 😉
- • 1 small zucchini (1 cup diced)
- • 1 carrot (grated/diced/sticks)
- • 1 white onion (1/2 cup diced)
- • 5-7 asparagus beans
- • 1 clove of garlic
- • piece of ginger ( 1cm )
- • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar - optional
- • 1 cup chickpea sprouts (I sprouted for just 12h)
- • 1.5 glass of coconut milk with cream OR 1 cup vegetable/chicken stock + 1/2 glass of coconut milk
- • Spices: a pinch of black pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric, sweet pepper, a small pinch of: cinnamon, nutmeg
- • a handful of finely chopped parsley/lovage or both
- • 1 tablespoon ghee / olive oil / coconut oil for frying
- 1. Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes/stick/grate. Remove the spongy centre from zucchini and some of it dice & some grate. Prepare beans - cut off the tails and pull the fibers out; cut into 3 pieces.
- 2. Cut onions into small cubes. Squeeze garlic through the garlic press. Great ginger. Melt ghee on a hot wok and add diced onions, garlic and ginger. After a minute or two, add vegetables: carrots and beans [zucchini is added at the end] and fry for few minutes. Pour liquid (I used half coconut milk & half veggie stock) , cover with a lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add spices, vinegar, sprouts. Cover with a lid and simmer another 10 minutes. Now, add the zucchini.
- Wait till zucchini is soft and taste it to see if it needs more seasoning.
- Serve with rice or zucchini & carrot noodles.