This recipe gives you a succulent and tender meat which is perfect for young children. Rabbit meat is low in saturated fat and rich in linoleic acid which plays a special role in support of heart health. Moreover, rabbits meat is a great source of vitamin B12 (central nervous system and metabolism), B3 (converts carbohydrates to energy) and selenium.
What age? 6 months +
- • 1 rabbit
- • 2 tablespoons ghee
- • 1 cup boiling water
- • 1/2 parsley root
- • a small piece of celery
- • 1 small carrot
- • 1 tomato
- • spices for the marinade : 1 stalk of lovage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- • spices for stewing: 1 teaspoon poultry spice (only natural ingredients!), 2 bay leaves + a stalk of lovage and onion slices from the marinade
- 1. Wash meat with fresh water, pat dry with a paper towel. Cut meat into portions - see photo. I use ribs to cook tomato soup so you won't see them in the photo.
- 2. Place the meat into a large bowl and marinate with salt and pepper, lovage and onion cut into slices, crushed garlic , pour a little olive oil and mix . Leave in the fridge for a few hours (preferably overnight ).
- 3. Melt ghee in a pot and add meat along with lovage and onion from the marinade. Fry for 2 minutes and pour a glass of boiling water & "spices for stewing".
- 4. Grate vegetables, peel tomato and quarter it - add to the pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours - turn the meat over once or twice.
- Serve with new potatoes and steamed carrots & peas or buckwheat groats and beets.