Your kid won’t eat avocado or beets? There’s a way of sneaking them into kids’ menu and they will love it! I experimented a little with home-made chocolate spreads and this one turned out amazing! Remember that avocado has to be ripe. I’ll be trying out adding some cashew butter and coconut milk.
What age? Best start with avocado and beet chunks. Chocolate spread is a wonderful way of adding more good fats and colorful veggies to your kid’s diet. I sweetened the mixture with honey but it shouldn’t be given to children under 12 months so substitute with maple syrup or date syrup/puree etc
- • 1 ripe avovado
- • 1/3 - 1/2 cooked/baked beetroot
- • 1 tbsp soft butter or melted coconut oil/ghee
- • 1-2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- • 2 tbsp carob powder/cocoa or mix the two
- Peel avocado and cut it in smaller pieces. Same with beetroot. Use 1/4 of a medium beetroot if you're afraid it'll taste too beetroot'y.
- Place avocado, beet, butter & honey in a bowl and blend with hand blender until smooth. Add carob powder and stir until well combined. taste and see if it's sweet enough.
- Refridgerate in a glass jar for maximum 4-5 days. Don't think it'll last so long though 😉 Enjoy!