I have been fascinated by paleo way of eating and how cutting out the grains from your diet can cure serious illnesses. Let Dr Terry Wahls case be the best example!
These pancakes are simple and really sweet. Finio loves them with some butter and berries balance out the sweetness.
What age? 6m+ but not as a first meal. I’d serve them baked for babies younger than 12m.
- • 2 large or 3 small EGGS
- • 2 small ripe bananas , or 1 large
- • 6 - 9 tablespoons of homemade coconut flour (recipe on the blog)*
- • ghee or coconut oil for frying
- •Toppings: : fruit, butter (Finio always eats them with butter - his idea!)
- 1. Blend eggs together with banana(s) until they smooth and bubbly. Gradually add the flour. The batter has to be thick enough to create small & thin pancakes. The amount of flour depends on the size of eggs and bananas 😉
- 2. Preheat a large frying pan add a teaspoon of ghee and a scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter. Fry for about 2 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- ! Be careful when flipping over - always use a wide silicone spatula. These pancakes are more crumbly than your usual banana pancakes but it's easy to see when they're ready to flip over. You'll "learn the batter" after your first batch 😉
- * OR ground shredded coconut. I wouldn't try store bought coconut flour - pancakes would fall apart.