One apple a day, keeps a doctor away! Not everyone likes a raw apple when it’s cold so why not to make pancakes out of them? My son loves them and he’s not a fan of raw apples. These baked pancakes are perfect when you want a warm & easy breakfast. The hole in the middle makes them fun for toddlers. Filip puts them on his finger 🙂
What age? You can serve them to babies who aren’t allergic to eggs. Suggested age 12m+
- • 1 big apple - peeled
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tsp maple syrup/rice syrup/date syrup
- • 2 tbsp buckwheat flour + 2 tbsp flour for dusting the slices
- • pinch of cinnamon
- 1. Heat the oven to 180C.
- 2. Beat eggs & syrup until smooth.
- 3. Add flour, cinnamon & water and stir until combined.
- 4. You can peel the apple or not. My son prefers peeled. Core the whole apple with an apple corer. Cut it into 1 cm slices.
- 5. Dust each slice in flour and coat each slice in batter.
- 6. Lay out the slices on to the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 7. Bake for 10-12 min.
- If the hole disappears after baking, cut it out because it's so much fun for toddlers!