Absolutely anyone can quickly create this bread! It’s super easy 🙂 and goes with anything really. We like it best with hummus or sweet tahini and Filip prefers his cut in thin strips so he can dip them in soft boiled egg.
What age? Even a toothless baby can suck on this bread. Check ingredients for possible allergies. It’s gluten free & egg free.
- • 2 TBS of flax seed
- • 1/2 glass of hot water
- • 2 TBS ghee butter or coconut oil (melted)
- • 1/2 glass of buckwheat flour
- • 2 TBS of shredded coconut *
- • 2 TBS pumpkin seeds / sunflower (ground)
- • 1/3 TBS Himalayan salt (after 2 years)
- • pinch of turmeric and pepper
- • 1 TBS nigella
- 1. Set the oven at 190C.
- 2. Grind flax in a coffee grinder and place in a bowl, cover with warm water. Add melted ghee butter. Mix. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. Grind pumpkin seeds and toss them into a large bowl. Add shredded coconut, flour, nigella and spices. Mix. Pour the flax seed and combine with a spoon.
- 4. Pour the batter on the prepared baking dish (lined with parchment paper). Form a thin rectangle.
- 5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 190C.
- 6. Let it cool down and cut into rectangles.
- This easy and quick to make cracker bread is amazing with hummus or any other way you like your sandwich. My two year old loves dipping it in a soft boiled egg.
- * You can use pulp after preparing homemade coconut milk.