Scrambled eggs is a perfect meal for a baby starting their adventure with food. The important thing to remember is that the whites need to be completely set! Runny whites may trigger vomiting. Some children are allergic to eggs and it’s usually the whites they are allergic to but today the advice is that you can offer the whole egg to your baby at six months old. It’s best to serve eggs for breakfast so you can see the signs of allergic reaction.
What age? 6m+
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- • thick glass bowl & a pot to place the bowl over
- • 1 - 2 cup water
- 1. A bowl should not touch the steaming water so choose the size of the pot before you start. Boil water and reduce heat to minimum. Place the bowl over the pot.
- 2. Add ghee/coconut oil and when it melts crack the eggs. Stir often or the eggs will stuck to the bowl. The whites should be completely set after 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve with veggies, baked sweet potato fries (long and thick pieces) or a toast (I'd serve gluten free).