This is a very quick way of using us some bilberries. My family loved it! It’s not too sweet so you can add some coconut sugar. It’s absolutely irresistible the next day and perfect for breakfast 🙂
What age? Recipe contains eggs.
- • 2/3 cup bilberries
- • 2 cup flour : I used 1.5 cup oatmeal (ground the rolled oats) + 0.5 cup homemade coconut flour*
- •2 teaspoons baking powder
- • optional: a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla etc.
- • 3 eggs
- • 1/2 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil/ ghee
- • 2/3 cup date puree (soak dates, drain and blend)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the cookie sheet (20cm/30cm or a little smaller): line with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine flour and baking soda (& cinnamon etc)
- 3. Blend eggs + date puree + oil till smooth. Add to flour and stir till combined.
- 4. Pour half of the dough on a cookie sheet. Mix the rest of the dough with bilberries and spread on the bottom layer with a spoon.
- 5. Bake for about 40 minutes - to browning .
- Cool down before cutting. I store it on the counter for approx.12 hours and had the leftovers for breakfast 🙂 If you want to store it longer - keep it in the fridge.