Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. It’s amazing in savoury dishes and desserts. This soup is easy and has a summer vibe to it. The addition of fresh basil does the trick here! I serve it with profiteroles.
What age? 6m+ (use vegetable stock for babies under 12m). This soup is perfect served in a cup.
- • 2 small zucchinis ( I used 1 big zucchini - see photos)
- • 2.5 - 3 cups of vegetable stock /broth (I used both)
- • 1 clove of garlic (squeezed)
- • a handful of fresh basil
- • 1 tablespoon of ghee/coconut oil
- 1. Peel zucchini & cut it in half lengthwise and remove the spongy centre with seeds. Slice the zucchini in large cubes. Place tall pot over the medium heat and melt ghee. Add garlic and zucchini cubes. Let them fry for 2 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Chop basil finely and add to pot. Remove the pot from heat and purée with an immersion blender. Enjoy!