Sweet potato buns go nicely with scrambled eggs or ham & lettuce. They are minature so perfect for little hands 🙂
What age? The recipe contains eggs.
- • 1 large sweet potato = 1 heaped glass puree
- • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 2 eggs + 1 small egg for brushing
- • 1 cup white buckwheat flour
- • 2 tablespoons homemade coconut flour or a little more flour: buckwheat, rice...
- • 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- • pinch of salt , turmeric and black pepper
- • 3 tablespoons ghee / coconut oil / olive oil
- 1. Peel and cut the sweet potato into thick slices. Place in a small pot and cover with boiling water + 1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter. Cook covered until tender which is about 12 minutes. Drain and let cool down.
- 2. Sieve the flour with the baking powder and spices. Add homemade coconut flour ( OR some other flour). Stir.
- 3. Blend eggs with lemon juice until foamy . Add drained sweet potato and melted ghee etc. Blend until smooth. Pour it into the bowl with the flour and stir with a spoon.
- 4. Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and grease it a little. Apply the dough with a spoon dipped in water. I love using ice cream spoon!
- 5. Coat with beaten egg. Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 180C.