Pumpkin is the only reason I don’t mind summer is gone 😉 What I love about pumpkin is the fact you get so much for so little! You can use it in savory dishes but it’s just perfect in desserts. I’m a little obsessed with it but it’s the good obsession I think 🙂
This pudding or mousse or cream can be served warm or chilled and is perfect either way! However if you need to cheer your family up on a cold autumn day I’d serve it warm!
What age? 6m+
It’s abosolutely amazing without the cocoa. Just 3 ingredients 🙂
Mixed into the flax “porridge” which is my keto/paleo experiment 😉
- • 500g pumpkin
- • 200g dates (more or less depending on the level of sweetness)
- • 2 tablespoons soft ghee / coconut oil / butter
- • 3 - 4 heaped tablespoons carob / cocoa or both
- When I get my hands on a pumpkin I have it in various ways in my fridge ready to be used throughout the week: diced, grated, cooked and pureed. I'll give you the directions to prepare the puree.
- 1. Cut peeled pumpkin (spongy center with seeds removed) into large dice. Add to a pot and pour approx 1 cup of water (pumpkin shouldn't be covered throughly with water). Cover with lid and cook until soft (10-15 minutes).
- 2. Pour hot water over dates and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- 3. Drain cooked pumpkin and add softened drained dates & butter to the pot. Puree with a hand blender till smooth. [This tastes heavenly itself but we like everything chocolatey so I add carob & cocoa].
- 4. Add carob powder or cocoa and stir with a spoon. Serve warm with fruit, toasted almonds, etc.
- Cold pudding is also delicious! I always prepare more and snack on the chilled cream during the day.
- Store up to 4 days in the refrigerator.