This is one of my yummiest cakes and it’s completely flourless and sugarfree. I used coconut milk pulp (dried and ground into coarse flour). Finio asked for two pieces and he even ate them with a fork! My hubby loved it too and he’s not easy to please 😉
What age? Cake is based on eggs so for babies who aren’t allergic.
- • 6 large eggs at room temp.
- • pinch of salt (to beat egg whites)
- • 1 cup homemade coconut flour or shredded coconut [lightly ground in a coffee grinder]
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1 banana
- • handful of soaked dates
- • handful currants etc.
- • 1 teaspoon ghee/coconut oil
- 1. Turn on the oven: 180C.
- 2. Prepare cake tin (27cm/10"): Grease lightly with ghee / coconut oil.
- 3. Separate whites egg from the yolks.
- 4. Blend a banana, soaked dates and egg yolks until smooth. Add homemade coconut flour, baking powder and blend again.
- 5. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they foam and when the bowl is tilted, the mixture should not slide around. [Use a tall, clean & dry bowl].
- 6. Add banana blend to beaten egg whites and stir gently until combined.
- 7. Pour the mix into prepared tin. Sprinkle with fruit of choice. Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes.