Chokeberry Cookies aka Boost Your Immune System Cookies!
Chokeberries are nutrient dense and just a perfect addition to cakes and cookies. Black aronia is extremely powerful in fighting bacteria and viruses and boosts the immune system (read more here).
The super berries contain a large amount of carotene, which protects cells from damage and the eyes from cataract formation (read more here).
What age? Recipe contains an egg but it can be replaced with 1/2 banana. They get softer then and perfect for teethless babies.
- • 1 cup raw black aronia-chokeberry
- • 2-3 tablespoons melted ghee/coconut oil or olive oil
- • 1 egg
- • 1 ripe banana
- • 1/2 cup flour (I used buckwheat)
- • 7 finely chopped dates*
- • a handful of mulberries*
- *They give the perfect level of sweetness.
- 1. Blend an egg, banana, olive oil, mulberries and chokeberries. Blend till smooth. Add chopped dates and flour and stir with a spoon.
- 2. Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and grease it a little. Apply the dough with a spoon - you should get 12 cookies.
- 3. Bake for 15- 20 min, 180C.