These are the best ice cream I’ve ever had! I believe that the best way of cooling down is to eat fruit and veg and drink plenty of water but when your family craves for ice cream go with the healthiest option! My sister said that they taste like brownie and the very best part of this recipe is that you could serve it as chocolate mousse instead of freezing it into ice cream.
What age? I wouldn’t serve really cold foods to a baby under 12m. Finio had his first ice cream (this ice cream precisely!) when he was 32 months old. This is really your choice but I’d serve the avo – chocolate cream before it gets to freezer for small babies. I’d just chill it in the fridge. It may sound a little ridiculous but THIS ice cream isn’t that cold 😉 You have to make it to understand it!
- • 2 ripe avocados (soft as butter)
- • 1 ripe bananas (with brown spots)
- • 2 heaped tablespoons of honey or date syrup, etc.
- • min ¼ glass of melted ghee / coconut oil (preferably 1/3 cup)
- • ½ lemon - juice
- • 4 tablespoons of carob / cocoa - I love to mix 2 tbsp carob + 2 tbsp cocoa
- • pinch of cinnamon / nutmeg/vanilla extract - optional
- Peel avocado & banana. Blend ALL ingredients until smooth in a blender.
- Place into ice lolly molds, insert the sticks and place in the freezer for a few hours. Devour 🙂
- [After removing the mold from the freezer pour warm water on it or wait for 3 minutes so that they will easily "come out" from the molds.] I do not recommend fancy molds because the mousse is thick. Next time I will choose a standard shape!