These pancakes are easy and cheap. I love using cauliflower in pancakes because it works really well & it’s a great way of sneaking some veg. They are great when you want to use rice leftovers and serve something that your toddler will love. You can serve them on their own or use it as a side for meat or fish.
What age? I used eggs so this is good for a baby without an egg allergy. You could try to replace an egg with tapioca or potato starch but I haven’t tried.
- • 1 cup cooked rice
- • 1 cup finely grated raw cauliflower
- • 1/3 cup of flour (I used buckwheat)
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tbsp dill
- • 1/3 tsp salt , 1/3 turmeric , 1/4 pepper , 1/2 sweet pepper,
- • 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1. Wisk the eggs in a bowl and add spices. Stir to combine.
- 2. Grate raw cauliflower (approx 4 big florets) . Add the cauliflower & rice to the bowl and stir . Blend it gently with a hand blender . Stir in the flour.
- 3. Heat a large frying pan and melt some of the ghee or coconut oil . Ladle batter onto the pan making small pancakes ( 3-4 in one go ) . Reduce the heat to minimum. Cover with a lid and cook for about 3 minutes , flip and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes . (Add the rest of ghee and repeat).