It’s Mother’s Day soon so I was looking for an easy no bake recipe for my men to make for me 😉 This is ridiculously easy and so yummy! The best thing about this cake is that is packed with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. You could serve it for breakfast really 😉
What age? 12 months +. It would make a perfect baby friendly birthday cake.
- • 1 cup ground almonds/almond flakes
- • 1 cup desiccated coconut
- • 20 medjool dates
- • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- • 6 medium ripe avocados
- • 2/3 cup lemon juice
- • 1/2 - 2/3 cup liquid raw honey or maple syrup
- • 4 tablespoons soft coconut oil or ghee (or use 2 tbsp coconut oil & 2 tbsp ghee)
- 1. CRUST: soak dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Drain them and add to food processor. Blend until smooth and place in a bowl. Add ground almond, fine shredded coconut and melted ghee. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- 2. Line an 18cm round spring-form cake tin with baking-paper and tip in the crust mix. Press it down firmly and evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set.
- 3. FILLING: scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and place in a food processor. Pour the juice of 2 lemons over the avocado flesh and ddd some of honey and coconut oil/ghee at room temperature. Blend until smooth. Taste and see if you need more honey or lemon juice. [The hardest part is not to eat the filling! It's insanely good!]
- 4. Remove the cake tin from the fridge and pour the filling over the crust. Cover the tin with clingfilm and return it to the fridge for a few hours or overnight. If you don't have time place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Run a knife between the tin and the cake to loosen. Serve immediately.
- I've decorated with homemeade chocolate and coated few strawberries in chocolate too. You can keep it simple and decorate with some fresh strawberries or raspberries.